Hop aboard, let’s fly away! San Antonio International Airport proudly provides commercial airline service for the South Texas region. More than 10 million passengers fly into and out of historic San Antonio each year, visiting 54 non-stop domestic and international destinations, including Mexico and Canada on 11 airlines. And the airport is prepared to welcome them with Ambassadors ready to answer questions and provide information, friendly dogs part of the Pups and Planes program, and a USO lounge for traveling military and their families. San Antonio is a diverse, progressive and globally competitive city with a solid vision for national and international economic development.
As the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is experiencing solid economic growth in 21st century industries such as bioscience and healthcare. Military City, USA is home to several military bases including Joint Base San Antonio, the largest base organization in the U.S. Department of Defense and comprised of Fort Sam Houston Army Base, Lackland Air Force Base and Randolph Air Force Base. The International Airport itself is an economic generator for the region, supporting more than 100,000 jobs and providing nearly $1.6 billion in annual earnings for workers and proprietors. Come fly with us and see what we mean.
How big is the San Antonio airport?
It has three runways and covers 2,305 acres (933 ha). Its elevation is 809 feet (247 m) above sea level.
What airlines fly out of SAT?
- Airlines flying from San Antonio
- Southwest Airlines (WN)19 destinations.
- American Airlines (AA)7 destinations.
- United Airlines (UA)7 destinations.
- Delta (DL)6 destinations.
- Frontier Airlines (F9)3 destinations.
- Sun Country Airlines (SY)3 destinations.
- VivaAerobus (VB)3 destinations.
- Volaris (Y4)2 destinations.
How long does security take at San Antonio airport?
San Antonio International Airport recommends arriving 2 hours 3 hours before your scheduled airline departure. Remember to arrive early and, if necessary, allow yourself enough time to park your car at the airport.
What airport do you fly into for San Antonio Texas?
San Antonio International Airport
San Antonio, one of the most populous cities in the U.S., can be reached through San Antonio International Airport. More than 30 national and international flights to San Antonio fly into this airport, including a range of cheap flights to San Antonio. The airport offers eating establishments and shops.
Where does San Antonio have direct flights to?
- Non stop flights from San Antonio – SAT direct flights
- Atlanta, Georgia – ATL – Delta, Southwest.
- Baltimore, Maryland – BWI – Southwest.
- Charlotte, North Carolina – CLT – Delta, American.
- Chicago, Illinois – MDW – Southwest.
- Chicago, Illinois – ORD – Republic Airline, United, SkyWest Airlines, GoJet Airlines LLC / United Express, Envoy Air, American.
What airlines fly direct to San Antonio Texas?
From Los Angeles, there are 4 airlines that have direct services to San Antonio, which are American Airlines (Oneworld), Delta (SkyTeam), Southwest Airlines and United Airlines (Star Alliance). From Miami, direct flights are offered by American Airlines (Oneworld).
So, keep all this data in mind before you head to the San Antonio International Airport.